Last night was my FOURTH time seeing Coldplay live. They are so worth it, every single time. Chris Martin is always so high-energy and has a way of interacting with the crowd in a way that even when you’re surrounded by 60,000 people, you still feel like it’s just you and him, while also drawing you into a crowd fuelled with nothing but positive vibes.
I don’t know what it is about Coldplay shows that are able to uplift my spirits. Maybe it’s all the glitter, the confetti, the smile plastered on Chris Martin’s face throughout the night. We had close seats but since they were on the floor, me and my short friends could barely see the stage. That didn’t matter though. Everyone in our section was dancing the whole time and jumping up and down and belting out our favourite lyrics. Thankfully, the Dome was open which gave us the chance to point to the sky during Yellow (look at the stars, see how they shine for you) and Sky Full of Stars (such a heavenly viiiiiew).
- shout out to the CNN Tower
- The Toronto song Chris Martin sang which included shout outs to Drake and the Blue Jays
- Dancing my ass off during Hymn for the Weekend, Sky Full of Stars, Viva la Vida
- When Chris Martin choked on confetti at the start of Fix You and had to start over
- Christ Martin thanking the crowd for braving the crowds, lines, commute, expensive concert tickets to show up. Idk why but just having your favourite singer acknowledge the tough parts of attending a concert make him feel down-to-earth and makes it all worth it.
- The pyrotechnics
- Doing the wave before the show started!
Conclusion: great friends+great music = fab night out