At work I received the RANDOMEST spam email ever.
From: cauliflower please
banking on eating well…
the cauliflower will be devoured one flowerette per day…
We will be boiling the leaves and roots, and rediscovering all manner of wild veggies!
Okay now. Settle down, Mr. Cauliflower Spambot.
I get it that there’s been issues in the news lately about the soaring price of cauliflower. This e-mail probably has something to do with that.
Things I love about this e-mail:
- poetic formatting
- the title asking me to enjoy! As if I wouldn’t enjoy random vegetable poetry!
- hilarious title (cauliflower, PLEASE)
- dramatic pause of the second line (OR PERHAPS!!!)
- random usage of ellipses
- flowery language (devoured one flowerette per day…)
- suggestive ending (rediscovering all manner of wild veggies!)
I’ve read this email/poem 10 times already today. I seriously can’t stop laughing. I actually printed it out and pinned it to my wall.
What does it even MEAN?!!?
It almost sounds like some kind of threat.
Maybe I’ve stumbled onto some kind of covert spy instructions.
My mission, if I chose to accept it, is to devour the cauliflower, boil the leaves and roots, and find out where the gold is buried.